Saturday, January 3, 2009
Braden Walks!
Braden has been taking steps. These past few days, he has been bold enough to let go and try it on his own. Today, without the help of a camera, I counted ten little steps he took with no assistance. By the time I got the camera, I only got the 2 steps shown here recorded. His problem is 50% self awareness (he is a camera ham and always looks toward it) and 50 % balance issues. He can stand on his own, but when he goes to walk he gets SO excited he actually knocks himself over. Usually he takes a face plant after frantically waving his arms and taking steps. He really doesn't cry when that happens. Chalk it up to being a boy, so I have been told. Many parents have told me they have seen their child take step upon step and then when they grab a camera, nothing! Now I get it! My child, who has never been camera shy, has suddenly decided all of his best moments happen without the camera. While I know he certainly doesn't plan these things, he has always done things on his own timetable (example: holding his head up at 1 month old!). I have long harbored the thought that he is more advanced for his age than he should be. I don't mean that in a physical or mental sense. I think his emotional intelligence is off the charts. I think at one month old, he did not want to miss out on what was happening around him. He sensed things, and had to see what was going on. And now, my camera-friendly child is sensing that we want to capture these moments on film, and instead of obliging, he is allowing these moments to happen off-camera, with only our memories as witness. Or maybe he is just stubborn. Either way, the memory remains!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment